Admitted BYU Students
Students admitted to BYU in Provo do not need to do anything extra to take classes at the BYU Salt Lake Center. They will simply register for the classes using MyMap, making sure the section is SALT LAKE.
Non-Admitted BYU Students
Requirements for students who have not been admitted to BYU in Provo are as follows:
- a high school diploma or GED
- a 2.0 or higher GPA for all completed coursework
- a current ecclesiastical endorsement
- clearance to register (by submitting a Clearance to Register form).
If the first two requirements have been met, students desiring to attend the BYU Salt Lake Center need to follow these four steps to complete the second two requirements and to take classes.
- Complete an Ecclesiastical Endorsement form. All students attending classes at the BYU Salt Lake Center must have an active ecclesiastical endorsement. Students must complete the form before scheduling an appointment with their ecclesiastical leader(s). The first time they fill out the endorsement form, both the bishop and stake president must complete it. Students currently serving missions can meet with their mission president instead. Ecclesiastical endorsements are valid for one year and must be renewed each year of enrollment.
- Complete a Clearance to Register form. This form asks for general academic information, verifies eligibility to attend classes, and confirms that the student understands the policies. This form must be completed each semester or term in which the student wants to take classes at the BYU Salt Lake Center.
- Choose and register for classes using MyMap. Students may register when their Clearance to Register form has been approved, their Ecclesiastical Endorsement is valid, and registration for the semester or term is open. Classes are held based on demand, availability of instructors, and time constraints of instructors. For a snapshot view of classes offered at the BYU Salt Lake Center, please select your semester or term: Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer.
- Pay Tuition and Fees. Tuition is due seven calendar days before the start of each semester or term. If tuition is not paid by that date, a hold will be placed on the student’s registration until it is paid. If tuition is not paid by the add/drop deadline, all classes will be dropped.
BYU Salt Lake Center
In addition to Independent Study, as a BGS student you are granted registration eligibility that makes it possible for you to enroll in classes at the BYU Salt Lake Center. You do not need to apply to the individual department.
The BYU Salt Lake Center, located in downtown Salt Lake City, extends the Provo campus into the Salt Lake Valley and surrounding areas. Over 100 undergraduate university courses are offered each semester, some in the daytime and others in the evening, making enrollment convenient. These courses provide additional options for BGS students to fill degree requirements.
How to contact the BYU Salt Lake Center
|Address:||BYU Salt Lake Center|
345 West North Temple St.
3 Triad Center, Suite 300
Salt Lake City, UT 84180
How Do Salt Lake Center Courses Work?
Courses taught at the BYU Salt Lake Center are the same semester-based classes as those taught during the day at BYU. Current class schedules, tuition rates, and registration deadlines are available online at classschedule.byu.edu. Salt Lake Center courses are represented in the online class schedule by the words Salt Lake next to the section numbers.
How Do I Register for a Salt Lake Center Course?
As an admitted BGS student, you will automatically have registration eligibility to enroll for courses at the Salt Lake Center. You will register for these classes and pay tuition using the university’s online registration system.