An office manager is one of the most important job positions in any company and is responsible for efficient office management. Since, the job responsibilities are more crucial, employers are often skeptical while selecting a candidate for this profile. This is when a well drafted resume and cover letter does the maximum work for you. The office manager cover letter sample in this post will help you to understand how to write an effective cover letter for yourself.
Before we actually look at the sample cover letter here, let’s take a look at the important points that make it look captivating and more professional.
Tips for Writing an Efficient Office Manager Cover Letter
- Use professional language while writing your cover letter and avoid any casual words
- Do not forget to address the concerned person while starting the letter
- Introduce yourself and your objective for writing this letter
- Avoid repeating your office manager resume in your cover letter
- Keep your cover letter short and restrict it to maximum of 3-4 paragraphs with 4-5 short sentences each
- A brief introduction is expected about who you are, your current employer, your job responsibilities and your strengths
- Try using power keywords closely related to the office manager job position that will show your knowledge about the field
- Conclude your letter showing generosity to those who will read it
- Proof-read your cover letter twice before sending it to the employer
- Check whether you have attached your office manager resume with your cover letter
Now that you are clear with the points one must keep in mind while writing their letter, let’s take a look at the office manager cover letter sample below:
OFFICE MANAGER COVER LETTER SAMPLE
OFFICE MANAGER COVER LETTER SAMPLE
ROGER O. WALKER
3998 Hickman Street,
Downers Grove, IL 60515
July 28, 2014
Mr. Fred M. Bond
Oval Pvt. Ltd.
Downers Grove, IL
Dear Mr. Bond
Re: Application for Office Manager Position
I wish to apply for the Office Manager position as advertised by you on monster.com recently. I have attached my resume addressing the position requirements.
I am a self-motivated administration professional with 7+ years of experience in small and large, local as well as multi-national companies. My prior job experiences have provided me with exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills. I pride myself on my management, problem solving, book keeping and technical skills.
My current employer Blue Media Pvt. Ltd. is a company of around 86 employees and my responsibilities there include office administration, risk management, clerical organization, managing financial transactions and petty cash, preparing BAS statements and processing payrolls.
In all the position I have held throughout my career, I have proved strong integrity and loyalty towards the organization.
I look forward to an opportunity for a personal interaction where we can discuss about my eligibility for the position.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Roger O. Walker.
Hope this office manager cover letter sample gives you an idea on how to draft an effective and captivating letter to the employer. You can use this letter however, ensure to understand the terms mentioned and make necessary change in it.
You might also be interested in:
Office Manager Resume Sample
Office Manager Resume Template
Sample cover letter for an office manager
To be considered for top office manager jobs, your cover letter needs to stand out. View this sample cover letter for inspiration.
Searching for an office manager job? This sample office manager cover letter below will help you manage to convince employers of your skills. And if you need more tips, the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you craft a high-impact resume and cover letter that can impress employers.
Additionally you can learn more about business careers and search for office manager jobs on Monster.
1414 Northwest Drive
Sometown, NJ 55555
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Mr. Jorge Matthews
ABC123 Retail Company
1414 Park Avenue West
Sometown, NJ 55555
Dear Mr. Matthews:
As an avid ABC123 Retail Company customer, I was excited to find your advertisement on Monster.com for an office manager for your new district headquarters. I couldn’t wait to submit my resume, which is enclosed for your review.
I currently serve as office manager for a busy financial services firm (XYZ Company), where I supervise a team of 12 employees and coordinate all office functions. My strengths in improving office systems and building a top-performing clerical team have earned repeated commendations and formal recognition from the company CEO.
Your new headquarters would benefit from my administrative and managerial skills. I offer:
- Ten years of experience leading front- and back-office administration and serving as a trusted assistant to senior executives;
- Well-honed office management skills, including hiring and supervising clerical staff; scheduling, calendaring and event planning; preparing reports; administering records management systems; and developing Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations;
- The ability to anticipate executives’ needs, follow through on all details and tactfully handle sensitive situations; and
- Computer proficiency, including a solid foundation in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), Lotus Notes and QuickBooks.
I am confident that I would be able to organize and manage your new headquarters to create a smooth-running office. If you agree that my qualifications and passion for your company would make me a strong addition to your team, please call me at (555) 555-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Is your cover letter ready to be seen by hiring managers? Join Monster today. You can upload up to five cover letters and resumes. Recruiters search Monster every day to find outstanding office manager candidates just like you.