Consumer Behavior Analysis Case Studies and Assignment Help
Consumer behavior analysis is the study of economic entities such as individuals, groups and organizations and the processes used by them to purchase any product or a service. Consumer behavior analysis case studies are the staples of students of marketing, general management etc. In this article, we shall explain the concept of a consumer behavior analysis, give you tools to do consumer behavior thesis and also show you how to solve a typical consumer analysis case study. However, first let us, clear some basic concepts relating to consumer behavior through our consumer behavior assignment help.
Definition of consumer behavior
According to Sabine Kuester, Strategic Marketing and Marketing in Specific Industry Contexts, 2012, consumer behavior analysis is the study of individuals, groups or organizations and the processes utilized by them to select, purchase, use and dispose of products, services, experiences, ideas etc and the effect of such choices upon the society in general. Consumer behavior analysis consists of the following aspects:
- The subjects of research for consumer behavior analysts covered through consumer behavior assignment help are individuals, groups and organizations.
- It is study of a product being purchased, used and disposed off. Since disposal of a product is related to environment thus consideration of natural factors also comes under analysis, explain our consumer behavior assignment help experts.
- Services of products sold — covered through consumer behavior assignment help — also come under its purview.
- Finally, consumer behavior analysis also deals with the impact of consumer choices on society in general, mention the consumer behavior assignment help experts.
Know more through consumer behavior assignment help or consumer behavior essay help.
Why should we do consumer behavior analysis?
There are four main areas of application for consumer behavior, explain the consumer behavior assignment help experts. They are:
- Marketing strategy
Consumer behavior analysis is mostly used in determining the marketing strategies of big companies, state our consumer behavior assignment help experts. Here are few instances of how marketing strategies are influenced by consumer behavior practices:
- According to the in consumer behavior assignment help experts, the fact that consumers are more receptive to food products ads when hungry determines the scheduling of such ads late in the afternoon.
- Similarly, the consumer behavior assignment help experts state that by understanding that few consumers like to experiment with new products, companies keep their initial prices low to achieve the break-even point.
- Public policy
Consumer behavior — as covered in our consumer behavior assignment help material — profoundly impacts public policies. Smoking of cigarettes and other tobacco products and consumption of alcohol impact how public policies shape the advertisements of such products, mention the consumer behavior assignment help experts. Tobacco companies are required to provide disclaimers and show graphic images of lung infections in order to inform the consumers and help them make an informed decision. Know more through consumer behavior assignment help.
- Social marketing
According to the consumer behavior assignment help experts, social marketing in aims at getting messages across to the consumers rather than selling a product. For instance, if the target is to prevent the transmission of diseases like HIV etc through sharing of needles by illegal drug users is the goal, then simply trying to reduce the number of illegal drug users is not a realistic goal. As such, advising them to put the needles in bleach before sharing them is a much more realistic goal, state the consumer behavior assignment help experts. Realizing consumer choices can help to determine the marketing strategies. Know more through consumer behavior research paper help or consumer behavior assignment help.
- Consumer choices
Consumer behavior study can help not only producers but also consumers, clearly state our consumer behavior assignment help experts. For instance, common sense informs us that buying 64 units of liquid detergent bottles may be a better choice than 32 bottles since one would have to pay a lesser price per unit, mention the consumer behavior assignment help experts. However, by buying such large quantities of product, the consumer has to pay size premiums. Thus, knowing this will help a consumer to make better choices and check the unit cost labels before buying a product, the consumer behavior assignment help experts add.
For better understanding, take consumer behavior assignment help.
Theory of consumer behavior analysis: Black box model
The Black Box theory — an integral part of consumer behavior assignment help material — is often applied in consumer behavior case analysis case studies. Let us first look at the concept of black box closely explained by our consumer behavior assignment help experts before moving on to how it can be utilized as a theory.
- Black box was used in 1947 by the RAF.
- However, it was popularly used after 1964.
- The Flight data recorder (FDR) and Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) were together known as the black box.
- However, it can also be used to define anything that can be known only in relation to its function.
- Since we cannot know what is inside a black box we can only define it in terms of what goes into it (input) and what comes out of it (output). (See fig 1)
- Black box can therefore be used as an effective concept in psychology, philosophy and scientific enquiries. Take consumer behavior assignment help to know more.
Black box theory
Fig 1: Scheme of black box
- The term Black box theory, as per our consumer behavior assignment help material, can be used in any field of psychology, philosophy and science where some enquiry or definition is made into the relations of appearance of something that goes into the black box and that which comes out of the black box.
- As an important theory of the consumer behavior assignment help material, it is mainly based on observation.
- In consumer behavior, the black box is the human mind and black box theory refers to the analysis of the observations made on consumer behavior practices. To know more, take consumer behavior assignment help.
Black box model
- The black box theory through consumer behavior assignment help can be utilized to understand consumer practices.
- The model, in consumer behavior assignment help material, shows the interaction between two forces: environmental factors and consumer responses.
- Environmental factors, the consumer behavior assignment help experts say, are made up of marketing stimuli and environmental stimuli.
- The consumer black box is made up of consumer characteristics and decision process, state the consumer behavior assignment help experts.
- Finally, consumer responses, as per our consumer behavior assignment help material, are made up of several forces.
- Together it shows the interaction in between external stimuli, consumer decision processes and consumer responses, according to the consumer behavior assignment help experts.
- However, it must be remembered that the black box model is dependent on the understanding that consumer responses are rational choices. However, this might not always be the case. To know more, take consumer behavior assignment help.
Black box model explained
Fig 2 Black box model
CONSUMER BLACK BOX
Post purchase behavior
Black box model consists of three parts:
- The first part consists of the environmental factors in consumer behavior assignment help material, which in turn, is made up of marketing stimuli and those provided by the environment.
- Marketing stimulus covered through consumer behavior assignment help is provided by the company and is related to the kind of product is sold, the price of that product, the place and promotion of that product in short the marketing mix of that company.
- Environmental factors covered through consumer behavior assignment help may consist of the economic, political, technological factors which are not influenced by the company’s marketing strategies.
- Consumer’s black box
Consumer choices are dependent upon the decision-making process which consists of the following steps:
- Problem recognition: The first stage covered through consumer behavior assignment help involves recognition of the problem; the buyer has to recognize that he or she has to make a consumption choice out of a variety of market choices.
- Information search: The second step involves information search explained through consumer behavior assignment help where the consumer recognizes a problem and tries to search for solution. He or she may use either memory of a particular product or the information that is freely circulating in the market place. The psychological factor which is related to this step is perception covered through consumer behavior assignment help. Perception refers to the interpretation of information which is received by the use of human senses. Consumer tendency to search for a particular piece of information helps companies to create their marketing strategies accordingly. Consumers use both internal (memory) search as well as external search for information and form perceptions. There are various sources available to consumers for information gathering like:
- personal sources (family, friends)
- commercial sources (advertisements)
- public sources (announcements)
- past experience (memory)
- Alternative evaluation: Theinformation received by the consumer has to be evaluated. The consumer evaluates all the alternatives available in order to make a choice. The total set of alternatives available is called evoked set in consumer behavior assignment help material. An evoked set in the case of a consumer choice would be the different companies and their products. Know more through consumer behavior assignment help.
- Purchase decision: After the evaluation of options,purchase decision is made by the consumers. All purchase decisions may not result in actual purchase. As such companies might provide stimulus like credit card payment or finance options. Know more through consumer behavior assignment help.
- Post purchase: Evaluation is the next stage which when not handled properly leads to erosion of the loyal customer base covered through consumer behavior assignment help. In this stage, it is necessary to ensure that the client has made the right decision and the alternatives would never have been preferable. The concept called “cognitive dissonance” is associated with it. It refers to a situation whereby an individual fosters contradictory opinions and beliefs at the same time. Other internal factors such as attitudes, lifestyle etc also matter. Know more through consumer behavior assignment help.
The third stage is consumer’s choice explained through consumer behavior assignment help. They buy the product.
Consumer behavior analysis case study sample
Let us assume that Mr. Robert Duncan of Boston has to buy a car. What will be his consumer choice?
- Problem recognition
Need to minimize the travel time from home to office. Our consumer behavior assignment help experts can explain how he can do it.
- Information search
Search for possible travel choices through options such as bus, subway, tram and taxi. Car was finalized because of the convenience and ease, state our consumer behavior assignment help experts.
- Alternative evaluation
All brands and prices were considered. The available options within 20,000 dollars were:
- Toyota, 19,000 dollars including taxes
- Honda, 18,750 dollars including taxes
- Audi, 19,575 dollars including taxes
- Purchase decision
Decision was made in favor of Honda because of favorable customer reviews and excellent dealer care policies.
- Post purchase
The dealer often called to inquire about the car condition and consumer satisfaction along with giving him two free services after the first warranty period.
What are the common challenges faced by students in their consumer behavior analysis case study?
Consumer behavior analysis case study through consumer behavior assignment help is a staple for MBA students. Consumer behavior is also utilized by companies to formulate their marketing strategies discussed during consumer behavior assignment help. Students, however, face some unique problems while working on consumer behavior case studies. They are faced by almost all MBA students no matter how brilliant they are.
- Too many case studies
An MBA student has to solve too many case studies from a variety of subject areas: marketing, finance, organizational development case study and consumer behavior analysis. Know more through consumer behavior assignment help.
- Peer competition
Management students often face intense competition from fellow graduate students, since the field is highly competitive and the academic quality is very high. Know more through consumer behavior assignment help.
- Difficulty of the subject
Management especially consumer behavior is a specialized field of study which borrows from different fields such as economics, sociology, psychology etc. The subject specialization of this area may be bit daunting. Analyze management through consumer behavior assignment help.
- Language Problem
This is an exclusive problem of students from non-English speaking countries addressed through consumer behavior assignment help. These students face a lot of difficulty in decoding what the professor has taught and avail consumer behavior assignment help. Reference books are written in extremely sophisticated academic language. As such it is imperative that many of them would need expert assignment help in marketing and other subjects of management.
How can expert assignment help provider help students to write their consumer behavior case studies?
Expert assignment help or consumer behavior assignment help can provide a number of benefits to students:
Expert assignment help or consumer behavior assignment help can improve grades in business school.
You can expect to submit your case studies much ahead of time due to consumer behavior assignment help.
Experts on large number of subject areas can help students on any subject imaginable through consumer behavior assignment help.
- No need to waste time in referencing work
You can now spend your time doing something worthwhile so that experts can take care of your behavior analysis case studies through consumer behavior assignment help.
How can MyAssignmenthelp.com help marketing students in doing their consumer behavior analysis case study?
Consumer behavior assignment help service
Who are consumers?
Consumers are the people who purchase goods and services from the market for their use. So, below we will discuss the behavior of consumer for purchase of good as explained by the economic assignment help experts.
What is consumer behaviour?
Consumer behaviour is the study conducted on individual, society or the company for their choice of goods and services. To simplify it further, studying consumer behavior provide ideas on the process that consumer adapt to purchase any services from the market. Hence, the topic of consumer behavior in Economics addresses the research and analysis of consumer market.
Why is the study on consumer behavior important?
Consumer behavior assignment helper has elaborated and explained the importance of studying consumer behavior in this economical world in the points below:
Achieving the goal: The first priority of any company is to earn profit and this goal can be fulfilled only when they get idea on the service that consumers demand. Hence, study of consumer behavior helps to identify needs and demands of the people and accordingly manufacture such products that benefit company and the consumers.
Surviving competition: Presently, the competition in economic sector is at its peak, every firm or organization struggle to survive, compete and get success in the economical world. This can be fulfilled only when proper research and study on consumer behavior is conducted.
Manufacturing new products: Studying consumer’s behavior helps to either modify the existing product or start the manufacture of new product. Since, consumer demands are not always the same, it keeps on changing according to necessity and requirement. So, the products that are likeable and preferred today may not be used after some months because it fails to provide necessary benefit to the consumer. Take an example of face cream, presently most of the consumer prefer creams providing sun protection but earlier this was not the case. So, companies need to either modify their product or manufacture new one to meet the requirement of the consumer. The one that accomplish this task wins the race, the other that fails remains behind. Hence, studying consumer behavior is very necessary to get information on the present trend of the market.
Inquiring price: Knowledge on Consumer behavior helps to get idea on the price that are shifting in the market. Since, there are number of companies to manufacture same product, so in order to survive in the competitive market and upgrade the position, it is necessary to keep the information on the changing price of the distributed product.
Consumer behavior marketing assignment help covers details on the factors that affect consumer behavior; this includes Social factor, physiological factor and Personal factors.
|Culture||Group and social networks||Age and life cycle stage||Motivation|
|Social class||Roles and status||Lifestyle||Learning|
|Personality and self concept||Beliefs and attitudes|
- Consumers are highly influenced by the products and services that is followed in their family. They prefer to follow the advice of members in the society or family while purchasing any good from the market.
- People following same culture, or people of same age group and gender have the similar taste for the products.
- Consumers choice is highly affect by their class and economic condition. High class people prefer quality over price, middle class consumer looks for quality as well as price whereas low class people prefer price over quality.
- Present trend of market also affect consumers behavior for the product and this is seen mostly in youngsters of present generation. They prefer using the services that are latest trend in the market.
- Reference group includes those individuals whose opinion helps us choose the services fin the market. It can be our family, friends, relatives, or some renowned personality whom they follow.
- The position of any individual in a company, in home or social groups and gathering also have a great affect for the choice of product.
- Likewise, his family and the society also have a great influence in the product chosen by the consumer.
Personal and physiological factor
- Age also have a great affect in the choice of product. The goods that young people require is not demanded by the people of old age.
- Concept also affect the preference of goods. Though a person belong to high class family, still he may find it worthless to spend huge cash in expensive services.
- Moreover, lifestyle also reflects the choice of consumer.
- Norms, belief, perception, motivation, learning are other factors that affect the choice for the products and services.
This is just a short overview of the topic, if you need any help to discover the idea behind black box model in consumer behavior assignment help, get to the homepage of myassignmenthelp.net and interact with the active member.
Black box model
Black box model have major role in consumer behavior. It is based on the input that generate desired output. Black box is well understood in our consumer behavior assignment help that elaborates the central concept behind it and the role of box in determining consumer behavior.
Black box model helps to recognize the stimuli that shapes consumer behavior. Here, stimuli that we talk about is the promotional strategy that is adapted to introduce the product, this is offered to the consumer by suppliers, whereas the environmental factor is tackled by the purchaser blackbox that includes buyers characteristics( personal, social, physiological and cultural) and buyer decision making process( recognition of the problem, search for the detail information on the product, check for available alternative and their comparison, decision for purchase, reevaluation of the decision on the product). Hence, this model provides idea on the consumer behavior for the product taken under proper research and analysis.
24*7 Service on your way
If you are facing any problem in this section, or finding it hard to cover your topic, get consumer behavior assignment help from our well- qualified experts at myassignmenthelp.net. We assure you that you will return content and satisfied with the assignment on consumer behavior that will be loaded with information and examples to clarify the underlying concept of the topic.