Interior Designer Cover Letter Sample 1:
I’d like to express my interest in the interior designer position you have advertised. With a degree in interior design and more than 15 years of real-world experience, I believe I’m more than qualified for the job.
I began my career in real estate, obtaining my realtor’s license in 2000. It was from that that I developed a taste for interior design, and I eventually followed this passion into the Billings Art Institute in 2004. I obtained my bachelor’s degree in interior design just three years later.
My specialty lies in contemporary design, specifically luxury design; I do my best work with demanding, high-profile clients who want their homes “just so,” and this is one of the reasons I feel I’m suited for joining your team at Elite Home Solutions. I understand that clients are paying for discretion as well as design, and I’m fully committed to meeting their needs in whatever capacity they require.
You said in your ad that your ideal employee will be someone with multiple design skills. Here are just a few areas in which I excel:
- Space planning
- Computer aided design (CAD)
- Interior and exterior lighting
- Architectural layouts
- Special-purpose design
As you can see, I’ve mastered all the fundamental skills of interior design, and I’ve even picked up a few specialized ones. I believe this versatility serves me well in my work.
Another key point in your ad is that you’re looking for an independent self-starter. As previously outlined, I’ve worked my way through multiple licenses, certificates and degrees, so I’m not afraid of rolling up my sleeves and doing whatever it takes to make my ambitions a reality. I apply this same stubbornness to satisfying my clients no matter what; I believe this is right in line with your mission statement at Elite Home Solutions.
As for my technical skills, I can use AutoCAD, Photoshop, PowerPoint, and MS Office tools with ease. I’m also willing to train with any additional software you use at your design firm. I’m most familiar with Windows but can make the adjustment to Max or Linux as necessary.
If you’d like to discuss my qualifications in person, I’d be happy to sit down and have an interview with you. I can be reached by phone or email any day of the week after 10am.
Interior Designer Cover Letter Sample 2:
I’d like to express my interest in the interior designer position that is currently open at your company. In addition to a bachelor’s degree in interior design from the University of Texas, I also hold several awards, licenses and certifications that I believe make me more than qualified for the position.
I worked my way through school with the help of part-time jobs and a variety of scholarships. It was difficult, but my passion for interior design got me through it, and I can apply that same level of dedication and drive to your design firm.
As for experience, I’ve worked with more than 200 clients and decorated twice as many homes. While my specialty is residential design, I’ve also dabbled in commercial decoration and staging; some of my higher-profile clients have included Guess, The Trumann Medical Trust and Houston Express Tax.
Creativity is another area in which I excel. I’m not afraid to think outside the box with things like floor plans and exterior lighting, and many clients have expressed their awe and appreciation after my unique ideas have been seen to completion. I work closely with contractors, architects, engineers, assistants, painters and other construction personnel in order to make every client’s space reflect their aesthetic.
Should you hire me, I’ll bring all these talents and more to your company. Your mission statement says that you’re “dedicated to fulfilling client expectations to the highest possible standard,” and this is the same way I approach my own work. I’m not afraid to roll up my sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
In fact, my commitment to the industry is why I’ve been recognized and awarded by others in the field. I was given Home and Garden’s “Greatest Decorator in Texas” award two years in a row (2010 and 2011), and I was also approached by Flower Today (2013) as part of an interview series on residential landscaping. I’ve attached copies of both of these distinctions.
I’d love the opportunity to discuss my resume with you in person. I can be reached any day of the week after 9am, and I’m also available through email at any time. I’m able and willing to do Skype interviews as well.
Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you shortly.
Interior Designer Cover Letter Sample 3:
I understand that you are in search of an enthusiastic interior designer to become part of your team at ABC Designs. I am an energetic and competent individual with skills and experience that make me a great candidate. I am writing because I feel that I can meet your expectations and ask that you please accept this letter and attached resume as an application for this position.
With a degree in Interior & Environmental Design and Entrepreneurship, I have ideas and insights that are fresh and up-to-date. Through my current employment at DT Builders, I have continued to learn and build on this knowledge. Over the last 5 years, I have:
- Gained extensive knowledge and experience in technical design computer programs
including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop/Illustrator, and SketchUp
- Learned to communicate efficiently with clients in determining their needs and
- Managed multiple clients and projects at the same time
- Provided accurate estimates of costs and materials required
As a designer, I am passionate about finding creative solutions and producing captivating arrangements. I understand that good designs are a key part of every structure, and I strive to make each design functional, safe, and appealing. I hope to be able to show you how these traits and other applicable skills would be beneficial to your company.
I am excited at the prospect of investing my time and energy in your company. I am also greatly appreciative of your consideration of my application and look forward to hearing from you. I would be happy to provide you with references and my full portfolio. To discuss the position and my qualifications in greater detail, you are welcome to contact me at (123) 123-4567 or email me at [email protected] to arrange a meeting at your convenience. Thank you.
Sample resume for a real estate-to-interior design career change
This sample resume shows how a real estate agent can showcase new and transferable skills on a resume to make a career change into interior design.
Real estate agents can showcase new and transferable skills on their resumes to make a career change into interior design. To learn how, view the sample resume below and download the real estate-to-interior design career change resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about real estate careers on Monster.
Real Estate-to-Interior Design Career Change resume template
AMY WEST | Interior Designer
Sometown, IL 60609 | Phone: (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Award-winning interior design student, upcoming BFA graduate and certified home stager who is transitioning from real estate sales to a career in interior design. Repeatedly recognized for creative, conceptual and analytical talents; AutoCAD and design proficiencies; and exemplary work ethic.
Demonstrated success transforming client ideas into beautiful, functional design solutions. Experience leading design projects to finish on time, on budget and with excellent quality. Offer expert home staging, client relations, sales and negotiation skills developed as a licensed real estate agent.
Education & Credentials
ABC INSTITUTE OF ART — Sometown, IL
BFA Degree Candidate, Major in Interior Design | GPA: 3.7
Completed Design Courses:
Fundamentals of Interior Design
History of Architecture & Furniture
Rendering & Architectural Illustration
Lighting for Interiors
Design Basics 2D & 3D
Interior Design Studio
Certified Home Stager | Licensed Real Estate Agent
INTERIOR DESIGN APPRENTICESHIP
ABC Design Firm — Sometown, IL
Interior design group specializing in commercial and retail design
Design Assistant, 6/16 to Present
Completing an apprenticeship at a leading commercial design firm.
- Developed modern design concept for assigned client (an upscale, regional women’s wear boutique chain), winning acceptance and go-ahead for project.
- Coordinated the design and space-planning process, including oversight of fixture/furniture selection, code compliance and architectural details.
- Praised by both client and design firm for the creativity, functionality, cost-effectiveness and vision of finished project.
INTERIOR DESIGN PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS
— ABC Institute of Art —
- Won first place in student design competition for “Best Hotel Lobby Design.” Singled out among 50+ designs as the favorite by client sponsor (a four-star resort) and awarded $1,500 scholarship.
- Placed second in regional lighting-design competition. Built custom lighting fixture from scratch to earn recognition by a panel of professionals as one of the best designs among 45 entries.
- Conceptualized elegant, multitonal commercial wall covering using “green” materials that won honorable mention in design competition. Incorporated flexibility into design to enable its manufacture in virtually any color scheme.
- Completed a range of projects for studio classes, including:
- Selected as project lead in the design of a guest bedroom for “ASID Showcase House,” a biannual event sponsored by the American Society of Interior Designers. Led student team of four to complete bedroom design for multimillion-dollar home in exclusive suburb. Delivered a luxurious design while remaining within budget of $3.50 per square foot.
- Consistently recognized for expertise in using AutoCAD to complete all drafting projects (including floor plans, elevations, finish boards, renderings and construction drawings).
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE: HOME STAGING & REAL ESTATE SALES
XYZ REALTY — Sometown, IL
Commercial/residential real estate firm
Licensed Realtor / Certified Home Stager, 2014 to Present
Licensed Realtor, 2005 to 2014
Represent both buyer and seller interests in the sale of new construction, resale, foreclosure and multifamily residential properties throughout the Sometown area. Match clients’ needs with appropriate properties and provide exceptional service.
- Demonstrated expert home staging, prospecting and relationship-building skills, generating strong sales results despite a challenging real estate market.
- Earned credential as a certified home stager and leveraged talents in transforming homes to give the best first impression to potential buyers. Efforts resulted in quicker sales (typically 6 weeks vs. the current 4.5-month average) and higher profits (exceeding area averages by 20 percent).
- Delivered multimillion-dollar annual revenue growth for the past decade and earned #1 rankings and numerous awards throughout career, including:
- Top Listing Agent of the Year (out of 50-member XYZ Realty team)
- Five-time honors as Top Salesperson of the Year (out of realtor teams of up to 32)
- Seven “Multimillion-Dollar Producer” awards from the Association of Realtors
AutoCAD v Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop v MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
PORTFOLIO OF DESIGN WORK AVAILABLE ON REQUEST