Whenever you think or feel that you need a help for your thesis statement for domestic violence research paper, thesis statement for gay marriage research paper or any other thesis statement for research papers you should not worry because there are online help and online resources you have for yourself.
Great Domestic Violence Research Paper
If you need help with thesis statement for domestic violence, you need to present arguments, opinions and important points. The time you are done in presenting all what you need, make sure you are ready in creating your thesis statement.
Make a claim: Good thesis statement has claims. It is essential that you develop a great perspective on your topic that you can support and defend. Your perspective should go beyond observation. In addition, avoid making your statement broad.
Inspire: A magnificent thesis statement always inspires. You should avoid having thesis statement that is a narrow dead end that means no one would like to argue about. Failing to have a fantastic thesis only means you will not have a good domestic violence paper.
Control whole paper: Your statement thesis must need to determine what you’re required to say and what you can’t. Each paragraph must exist in supporting your thesis. You need to think of a thesis statement that is a contract between your reader and yourself.
Structure: A good statement thesis has main points
Examples of Domestic Violence Thesis Statement
Domestic violence punishments in Ohio
Cause and effect of domestic violence
Effect of domestic violence on women
Effect of domestic violence in children
It is true that it is not easy to make thesis statements because it needs skills. People must need to possess abilities in order to make a wonderful thesis statement. In writing, you need to think for a good claim, opinion, great arguments and others that you can able to include in the first few paragraphs of your paper. Lastly, don’t waste time thinking what you will do when you have tips and a guide; it is better when you get started today while you know valuable information. Just don’t forget that a thesis statement must have great claims and will not leave readers any questions on their mind.
Domestic violence is defined as consistently abusive behavior by one person against another involved in an intimate relationship, such as dating, marriage, etc. What constitutes domestic abuse may vary within different legal frameworks, but generally, any form of emotional, physical or sexual abuse can be construed as domestic violence. Domestic violence is alternatively also called spousal abuse, battering, and family violence.
Domestic violence is recognized as a criminal offense in almost all countries across the world. Yet, it remains a common occurrence, almost on a pandemic scale, that often goes unpunished because of the hidden nature of abuse by one partner against another in an intimate relationship. Therefore, most attempts to counter and control domestic violence are directed towards raising awareness of this crime, and changing commonly held perceptions against it.
Domestic violence isn’t limited to physical abuse alone and incorporates sexual, emotional and mental abuse as well. Physical abuse, though, is the most common form of domestic violence and includes a pattern of hitting, battery, punching, kicking, burning, etc. though this may vary from state to state. Largely, physical abuse may be defined as any abuse that involves physical contact meant to cause intimidation, pain, harm and/or physical injury.
Sexual abuse is another form of domestic violence and is usually manifested in the shape of marital/spousal rape or any sexual act performed through coercion or intimidation (physical or psychological). Sexual abuse is particularly difficult to detect because of its intimate nature.
Domestic violence can also include emotional abuse, verbal abuse, and even economic abuse. The last, economic abuse is especially common in developing economies where one partner often controls all the finances and thus, can withhold money to a partner.
The effects of domestic violence, both in the long and the short-term can be extremely detrimental to the physical, psychological and financial health of the victim. A pressing issue is the effect on the psychological health of children who witness spousal abuse. Since most domestic violence follows cyclical patterns, the effects can be especially devastating to all involved parties in the long term. Consequently, several measures have been adopted by most countries to battle domestic violence, from raising awareness about the issues at hand, to instigating victims to come out and express their plight. Offenders are often either punished by strict sentences, or offered counseling and therapy, especially for solitary, less severe incidents.
Domestic Violence Thesis Statement Examples:
* The personal, intimate nature of domestic violence makes it especially difficult to detect, despite being widespread across most societies. Consequently, children, neighbors, relatives or friends of the involved parties must be trained to detect, identify and report incidents of domestic violence if this crime is to be controlled effectively.
* Domestic violence cannot be categorized merely as a personal crime since victims of domestic abuse often suffer from depression, stress, and poor work performance, which, subsequently, affects the health of the national economy. Domestic violence, thus, must be identified as a public, national crime.
* Counseling and therapy are often more effective methods to control domestic violence than harsh punishment methods.
* In times of economic recessions, increasing unemployment and social instability leads to greater incidents of domestic violence.
* Domestic violence makes the sufferer less productive and dejected.
* Though innovative methods have been proposed in countering domestic violence in the United States, the problem still persists.
* Socio-cultural factors are responsible for the rise of domestic violence in the South Asian community living in the United States.
* The effect of unemployment on married life – Unemployment is a cause of domestic violence between couples.
Be Sociable, Share!